Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rough Draft Peer Review

My short draft was reviewed by three students – thank you! I got some positive comments and some negative ones – that was good! The positive comments are encouraging, while the negative ones help me to focus on the areas where I need to improve. There were three reasons for the negative comments, and they were all justified; so the students were doing their job! The reasons were: a- the draft was not complete, b- was lacking MLA citations, c- there were a couple of run-on sentences---I know this was true. This is kind of my writing style and I tend to use too many semicolons. The reason for that is I try to avoid using too many short sentences. Another comment was, “I am not sure what this paper is about.” That was a good comment, too. I am an aspiring writer, and I am here to learn. And I am learning. “Writing is hard work,” as Ms. Knapp often says.     

1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    You need to get in touch with me asap using my gmail account. I will re-open turnitin for you so you can submit your Final Draft. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete